Tags: art exhibitions in turin, art in turin, artissima 17 in turin, contemporary art exhibition in turin, contemporary art in turin, events in Turin, exhibitions in turin
The renowned International Exhibition of Contemporary Art comes back in Turin from November 5th to 7th 2010 at Lingotto Fiere (Turin).
Three days entirely dedicated to the new emerging talents of the contemporary scenario in the dimension of art, the great names of the world and the galleries and the most famous artists at the moment.
Such an interesting and internationally-renowned event will have some brand new elements:
- 128 galleries, which have been selected among the most important ones in the contemporary art world.
- Present Future: 17 young artists, selected by International experts, such as Cecilia Alemanni,?Luca Cerizza?and Raimundas Malasauskas.
- New Entries: young avant-garde galleries, instituted after 2003, selected by Consiglio Direttivo and Comitato Consultivo della Fiera according to high-quality features and the research on their activity.
- Constellations: very large masterpieces, selected by Comitato Scientifico of ARTissima 17 among the ones suggested by the galleries taking part in the exhibition, and placed in different areas of the Fair.
Also for this edition. ARTissima 17 will show a rich calendar: events, new proposals, appointments, initiatives, workshops conceived for discovering and living the contemporary art.
The works on display include pieces of contemporary art, new and brand new trends: paintings, drawings, sculptures, installations, photography, videos, multimedia art, performances.
Taking inspiration from Pasolini, Poesia in forma di rosa (Poetry in the Shape of a Rose) is the title of Artissima 17’s cultural programme, which revolves around visual artists who cross borders of other arts or disciplines such as architecture, design, literature, cinema, and dance. Artissima 17 will be investigating these migrations to find out what conditions might foster a greater integration of the arts.
Hypnotic Show is an exhibition in the mind of the audience created by the fused practices of art and hypnosis, created by Raimundas Malasauskas and conducted by Marcos Lutyens.
Three seminar-lectures will take place during Artissima at 1967-1977, a pop-up bookshop created by Amedeo Martegani (am bookstore). Here authors, designers, artists and historians will officiate at a public rite of storytelling and discussions about three magazines published in the 1960s and 70s. With: Andrea Branzi, Andrea Cortellessa, Hans Ulrich Obrist.
All this and much more is waiting for you at Artissima 17, edition 2010 at Lingotto Fiere in Turin.
Via Nizza, 280
10126 Turin ( Region of Piedmont)
T +39 011 197 441 06
F +39 011 197 461 06
November 5th-6th-7th 2010
Open to the public
12.00 – 8.00 pm
Full: € 15,00
Reduced: € 10,00 *
* (Ages 12-18 and over 65. University students, upon presentation of university student record book. Military, in uniform)
This post is also available in: Italian