- January, 26 2012
- Comments Off
- About Italy, Art, Culture, Curiosity, Design, Events, Fun, Games, Itineraries, Leisure, To see, Versilia (Tuscany)
- Tags: 2012 carnival, carnival 2012, carnival events 2012, carnival events in italy, carnival in viareggio, events in Tuscany, Events in Versilia, events in Viareggio, tuscany, versilia events, Viareggio, viareggio carnival, viareggio carnival 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, adults and children, are you ready? Carnival time has come and Viareggio is ready to party with you as usual.
As widely known, Viareggio Carnival is the most popular and entertaining Italian carnival in Europe, rich in masks, coloured dances and parades, floats and district night celebrations that every year get more and more irreverent.
- January, 23 2012
- Comments Off
- About Italy, Art, Culture, Curiosity, Design, Events, Exhibitions, Fashion, Fun, Itineraries, Leisure, Rome, To see
- Tags: art, art events rome, art exhibitions in rome, art in Rome, Culture, events in italy, events in rome, exhibitions 2012 rome, exhibitions in italy 2012, exhibitions in Rome, Rome
Since last December, 2nd, a special exhibition is under way in Rome at the exclusive gallery La Nuvola: “Must Have”.
Until January, 30th 2012, the exhibition by Marcello Reboani will put on display about 30 artworks depicting all the must have objects in fashion: from not-to-be-missed clothes to cult accessories such as bags and shoes.
The peculiarity of such works consists in using daily recycled materials, in contraposition to the rich ones of the contemporary consumer society, in a perfect fusion between art and everyday life.
Reboani’s works can be defined as assemblage, because they are creations made with the collage technique in three dimensions, everything with a provocative intent.
Recycled materials under the sparkling and glamour gloss of icon objects: wood mixes with copper, steel, aluminium, glass and lead. In addition: geographical maps, maps of the world, archipelagos and islands visited by the artist.
What are you waiting for? You still have a few days for visiting this fabulous irreverent exhibition, Rome is waiting for you!
- book now your hotel in Rome
- find out all the best museums in Rome
- book now your tickets for Vatican Museums.
- January, 19 2012
- Comments Off
- About Italy, Art, Culture, Curiosity, Events, Exhibitions, Fun, Itineraries, Leisure, Pisa (Tuscany), To see
- Tags: art, art exhibitions pisa, art exhibitions tuscany, events in Pisa, events in Tuscany, exhbiitions 2012 italy, exhibitions 2012 in pisa, exhibitions 2012 in tuscany, exhibitions in Pisa, exhibitions in tuscany, picasso exhbition italy, picasso exhibitions 2012, Pisa (Tuscany), tuscany
Visitors have still a few days for marveling at the wonderful artworks kept intact in the exhibition taking place at Palazzo Blu in Pisa since last October, 14th.
As a matter of fact, until 29th January 2012 the old Palazzo Blu will hold the masterpieces of some of the greatest painting masters of all times.
“Ho voluto essere pittore e sono diventato Picasso” (“I would to be a painter and I became Picasso”), this is the title of the exhibition.
- January, 16 2012
- Comments Off
- About Italy, Art, Culture, Curiosity, Design, Events, Exhibitions, Fun, History, Itineraries, Leisure, To see, Venice
- Tags: art exhibitions in italy, art exhibitions in venice, art exhibitions venice, art in Italy, art in venice, egypt art exhibitions, events 2012 venice, events in venice, exhibitions 2012 italy, exhibitions 2012 venice, exhibitions in Italy, museums in Venice, Venice, venice and egypt
A special exhibition is still taking place in Venice, from last 1st October 2011 until 22nd January 2012. An exhibition in which history, adventure, science, trade, historical events and great artworks interweave.
As well as Cleopatra seduced Caesar and later Mark Antony, the charming Egypt was able to seduce Rome and later, in the course of time, the whole West.
The exhibition, taking place in the wonderful Sala dello Scrutinio at Palazzo Ducale in Venice – symbol of the city – shows with many findings the relationships between Venice and Egypt during almost 2 thousand years (from the classic age until the opening of Suez canal, an initiative proposed by the government